"I sought among them for a man that might set up a hedge, and stand in the gap before me in favor of the land." Ezekiel 22:30

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I'm Beginning a Journey

I'm beginning a journey.

As many of you know, Sarah​ and I are expecting our 2nd child very soon (due date is March 9th). Before our first child, Robert, was born I - sort of by accident - started a novena of attending Mass every single day for 30 days.

That's Robert. He's not that small anymore
With Robert, it happened unintentionally because I had already completed a week or two when I realized how neat such a novena could be. As it turned out, I think I attended Mass for 32 straight days and ended a few days after Robert was born.

This time I'm going to be more intentional.

The Novena

Beginning yesterday, February 3rd, 2015, the Feast of St. Blaise, I am going to attend Mass every single day until our 2nd child, Brigid Mae, is born. Her due date is March 9th, so it may end up being a little more than 30 days (or a little less, but probably more).

My Intentions

My intention during the novena will be for a safe delivery, a healthy Brigid, and a healthy wife post-delivery. Additionally, as with my previous novena, I will be praying for myself and my wife that we will be good and decent parents of this child and raise her to be holy and happy.

Follow Me

To mark this journey, I'm going to post a picture on social media of the Mass I attend each day until Brigid is born.

So, I'm beginning this journey. Won't you follow me?

Find me on twitter and instagram: @gabehjones. I'll also be using the hashtag #MassForBrigid.

P.S., I didn't take a picture of the Mass last night because, well, I didn't come up with this idea until this morning (call it divine inspiration). But, the Mass was at St. Francis de Sales Oratory, which is where Sarah and I were married, so you get to see a picture of our wedding instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment