"I sought among them for a man that might set up a hedge, and stand in the gap before me in favor of the land." Ezekiel 22:30

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Explaining My Absence

I know, I know. I have not posted a blog in a couple weeks.

You may have several theories as to why I have been absent, such as, but not limited to theories like:
  • My computer died
  • I developed arthritis and cannot type anymore
  • I said everything I could possibly say
  • I came to the realize that Matt Walsh is immensely more popular than I am, and says all the things I could ever hope to say but says them better.
  • My wife won't let me blog anymore so as to force me to spend more time with her
  • I got a new job
  • Other hobbies have taken precedence
  • The Federal Government didn't like what I had to say and tried to shut me down
  • Life got in the way
  • I became even more lazy
  • I decided to read more
  • I decided to drink more
  • I decided was forced to sleep more less
  • I went blind
Now, before you go and criticize me because you think I'm a heartless, lazy, drunken, conservative, loud-mouthed, Catholic, renegade, complaining moron, let me go ahead and confirm your worst fears:

Yes, this entire list is accurate. To some degree or another. Except for the new job part. Although if you consider my basketball coaching a "new" job, it would fit. And I didn't really go blind, but I have been wearing my glasses more lately. And I didn't "decide" to drink more. You and I both know that no one in their right mind let a bottle of Rum Chata sit around the house for an extended period of time. That would just be silly.

But I digress.

Really, it boils down to one thing: Time.

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had the time to blog, nor felt like it when I did have a few spare moments.

Let me give you a brief rundown of one recent span of three days in my life.

In a span of about 3 days, or 60 hours, I...
  • Went to Sunday Mass
  • Went to daily Mass
  • Officiated three basketball games
  • Went to work twice
  • Coached a basketball practice
  • Taught a PSR class
  • Attended a Knights of Columbus meeting and took notes as Secretary
  • Coached a basketball game 
Oh, then there's that whole thing called "family time" that I tried to spend with my wife and baby.

So, yeah, I've been a little busy.

If you don't see much blogging from me, it's a safe bet that it's simply a lack of time. Or one of the other theories from that list above.

No comments:

Post a Comment