"I sought among them for a man that might set up a hedge, and stand in the gap before me in favor of the land." Ezekiel 22:30

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The News You've Been Waiting For


Last week I told you that some big news was on the way.

Thank you for your patience. Now, the big day has arrived!

*Drum roll*



I am proud and humbled to announce that I will now be a contributing blogger for The 9s Magazine. The 9s believes "that men are leaders, role models, and heroes. We believe that men are strong yet humble, passionate yet responsible, wise yet always learning."

Basically, it's the virtuous answer to Muscle & Fitness.

Every week I'll have a blog post on some socio-political topic. Instead of re-hashing partisan talking points like so many writers do, my blogs will focus on the virtue, character, or underlying message in a particular topic or story; essentially, the goal is to push men to be better men.

Today, my first blog with The 9s was published. The title: "Is Dignity Dead?"

Here's an excerpt:
Human beings are special.

Unlike any other creature on earth, we have free will, which gives us the ability to think and reason. We can solve complex problems, sympathize with a hungry stranger, fix a car and fight injustice. It is partly this added dimension of mental capability which sets humans apart from other animals, and the dignity that comes with the ability to reason is partly why we owe each other a higher level of respect than a dog or a chair.

Read the whole thing over at The 9s blog
.
I will continue to maintain A Man In The Gap, and I will post whatever I write for The 9s here as well. But I encourage you to check out The 9s and consider purchasing a subscription for yourself, your dad, brother, uncle, nephew, son, or any man in your life.

I'm humbled, and incredibly grateful to The 9s for giving me this opportunity. I hope you'll continue to check out their blog for my weekly submission, even as you continue to read A Man In The Gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment