"I sought among them for a man that might set up a hedge, and stand in the gap before me in favor of the land." Ezekiel 22:30

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Why I Can No Longer Give "President" Obama The Benefit of the Doubt

Last night, I found myself unmotivated to write anything. There was so much going on in the news that I wasn't sure where to begin and what I should comment on. Plus, it was late, so all I wanted to do was go to bed.

Than I got on facebook, and I was going to make one little post in reference to a story I saw earlier in the day. That little facebook post kept getting longer and longer. So, I decided it would work better as a blog post.

Chances are you may have heard the story about the old couple being forced out of their home because it was on "federal property." There are other stories about business being closed, parks and running trails being blocked (even though such places require little maintenance), and other tragic, ridiculous nonsense supposedly caused by the government shutdown. We've probably all heard about the asinine closing of the WWII memorial. It's almost too surreal to believe.

If you want to know more about the old couple, here's a story. I find so many things wrong with this story, I don't even know where to begin. I do have some questions:

Isn't the White House on federal property? Why isn't that "shut down"? Why aren't all the White House workers, the butler, the cooks, and so forth being furloughed? Surely they're not "essential" government workers? So, why doesn't King Obama have to move out?

I wish I would get two minutes on the phone with Barry. Just two. Or better yet, I'd love to hear two minutes of Todd Starnes, Dennis Miller, or anyone more eloquent than me on the phone with the man who occupies the White House.

Here's basically what I would say, without a teleprompter, and it probably wouldn't even take me two minutes:
I'm tired of the arrogance, "President" Obama. You're barely even worthy of the title. I respect the office and what it means to be President of the United States. But I have to wonder if you respect the title yourself. Honestly, I want to give you the benefit of the doubt; I want to think that as the leader of this country you really and truly care deeply about this country. It would be nice to know that my country's leader was patriotic, humble, and honored to be in such a position. But time and time again you prove that you are more concerned about your own selfish agenda, and about scoring political points. Well, I'm sorry, bud. You're playing with the lives of real American people, and we're tired of it. Sadly, you constantly reassure me that you're as petty as they come. A three-year-old wouldn't throw a temper tantrum this bad. They only have a bedroom to get messy; but you? You have a whole country to screw up. And you're doing a great job.

I can't give you the benefit of the doubt anymore, Mr. Obama. You've had too much garbage go on during your time in office that I'm convinced it can't be a coincidence. You really are an arrogant, narcissistic, selfish child of man. I'm ashamed to have you as my President.
Yes, go ahead and put me on a list now NSA. That would just further prove my point.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment