"I sought among them for a man that might set up a hedge, and stand in the gap before me in favor of the land." Ezekiel 22:30

Monday, September 23, 2013

The St. Louis Cardinals Make the Playoffs... Again.

Even though the St. Louis Cardinals lost on Sunday, they clinched a playoff spot because of a Washington Nationals loss. This marks the 10th time the Cardinals have made the playoffs since 2000. That is the most among NL teams, and second only to the Yankees in the MLB.

As of this morning they sit at 91-65, in first place in the National League's Central Division, 6-4 in their last 10 games (a disappointing 6-4, I might add), the third-best run differential in the Majors, two MVP candidates, a pitcher (Wainright) with an outside shot at the Cy Young, and yet I get the feeling that they haven't hit their stride this year.

All this bring up two questions:

1) Am I the only one with this feeling?

2) Can we call the Cardinals since 2000 a "dynasty"?

I encourage you to comment below.


**On a semi-related note, congrats to the Kansas City Royals who yesterday secured a winning season. While many fans wanted a playoff birth (which is still possible), an above .500 season is a big step in the right direction. I wish the Royals continued success.

No comments:

Post a Comment