"I sought among them for a man that might set up a hedge, and stand in the gap before me in favor of the land." Ezekiel 22:30

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Labor Day Project

Yes, I know Labor Day was over a week ago, but I'm finally just getting around to sharing my outdoor project from the Labor Day weekend.

Take a look. Looks pretty cool huh?

To build it, I purchased about 10 full-size cinder blocks from Home Depot. I also included a couple half-size cinder blocks to make it the size I wanted, without having to break a full cinder block.

The front portion is made up of three, full-length, narrow cinder blocks. I partially buried the three front bricks, and also added some regular bricks behind them for added stability. To top it off we went fancy and bought some of the most expensive retaining wall capstone at Home Depot. The top portion itself cost about as much as the rest of the pit.

The best part is that the whole thing cost less than $50. The cheapest fire "pit" you can buy at Home Depot is $59.99.

So, if the weather ever starts to cool down, who wants to join me for some roasted marshmallows?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment